In the article "Unleashing Creative Control: Exploring the Versatility of the Befaco Motion MTR Eurorack Module," we delve into the impressive capabilities of this module. The Motion MTR, offered by Molten Modular, is a CV and Audio Utility/Realtime Visualizer that allows users to mix, attenuate, and invert signals with the added benefit of clear visual feedback.
One of the standout features of the Motion MTR is its flexibility. Each of the three channels can function as an audio level control with a VU meter, a CV attenuator with a voltage meter, and a CV inverter with a voltage meter. This means that you not only have precise control over your signals but also have the ability to visualize their levels in real time. This visual feedback can be a game-changer when it comes to fine-tuning your patches and getting the sound just right.
Additionally, the inputs of the Motion MTR are conveniently normalized to 10v. This means that you can easily generate fixed voltages using this module, saving you time and allowing you to focus on your creative process. The outputs of channels 1 and 2 are also summed into Out 3, making it possible to use the module as a mixer. This added functionality adds even more value and versatility to the Motion MTR.
One of the exciting aspects of the Motion MTR is its potential for wild patching. With its multiple functions and the ability to mix, attenuate, and invert signals, you can experiment and create complex signal paths. Whether you want to use it as an attenuverter with offset, a mixer, a VU meter, or a combination of these functions, the Motion MTR from Befaco opens up a world of creative possibilities.
In conclusion, the Befaco Motion MTR Eurorack Module is a must-have for any modular synthesizer enthusiast looking to unleash their creative control. Its CV and Audio Utility/Realtime Visualizer features, clear visual feedback, flexibility, and mixer capabilities make it a highly versatile and valuable addition to any modular setup. Don't miss out on the opportunity to explore the immense possibilities offered by the Motion MTR – it's a true game-changer in eurorack modules.
In this example, let's explore how the Befaco Motion MTR can be used as a versatile audio level control and mixer in a eurorack setup.
First, let's start by patching the Motion MTR into our modular system. Connect the audio source you want to process into Channel 1's input, and patch Channel 1's output to the desired audio destination.
Now, let's say we want to attenuate the audio signal coming into Channel 1. Simply turn the "Attenuator" knob on Channel 1 clockwise to decrease the signal's amplitude. As you adjust the knob, keep an eye on the "Voltage Meter" associated with Channel 1 to get a visual representation of the signal's level.
If you want to invert the CV (control voltage) that is affecting Channel 1, you can use the "CV Inverter" functionality. Patch a CV signal into Channel 1's CV input and observe the "Voltage Meter" associated with the CV Inverter. Turning the associated Attenuator knob will control the amount of inversion applied to the CV signal.
One interesting feature of the Motion MTR is the ability to use multiple channels together as a mixer. To demonstrate this, let's connect another audio source to Channel 2's input and patch Channel 2's output to Channel 1's input. Now, we can turn Channel 1's "Attenuator" and Channel 2's "Attenuator" knobs to adjust the levels of both audio signals. The mixed output will be available at Channel 1's output.
Additionally, if you want to generate fixed voltages, leave the inputs unpatched on the Motion MTR. The module will default the inputs to 10v, allowing you to use each channel as a voltage source.
These are just a few examples of how the Befaco Motion MTR can be used creatively in your eurorack system. Experiment with different patching configurations, combine it with other modules, and let your imagination run wild to discover unique and exciting sounds.
In an intermediate-level patch with the Befaco Motion MTR module, we can explore its versatility by using it as a mixer and an attenuverter with offset. Follow these steps to unleash your creative control:
- Start by connecting an audio source to Channel 1 input and another audio source to Channel 2 input. These can be synthesizers, drum machines, or any audio signal you want to manipulate.
- Let's say you want to create a mix of both audio sources. Patch the output of Channel 1 and Channel 2 to a mixer, and then connect the mixer's output to your audio output module or destination.
- Now, for more creative control, let's add an attenuverter effect to Channel 1. Patch another audio signal or CV source to the CV input of Channel 1. Adjust the Attenuverter knob to vary the level of the incoming signal. You can use this to dynamically control the volume, add subtle variations, or create inverse versions of the original signal.
- To add an offset to the attenuverter effect, patch a CV source, such as an LFO or envelope generator, to the Offset input of Channel 1. Adjust the Offset knob to introduce a fixed voltage to the attenuverter. This allows you to shift the signal up or down, adding more depth and complexity to your sound.
- Finally, experiment with the visual feedback provided by the Motion MTR. As you manipulate the signals and adjust the knobs, observe the VU meters and voltage meters to monitor the levels and understand the impact of your adjustments in real-time. This visual feedback can help you make precise and intuitive decisions while sculpting your sound.
By using the Befaco Motion MTR as a mixer and an attenuverter with offset, you can take control over your audio signals, add variations, and shape your soundscape with ease. Let your creativity flow and explore the endless possibilities offered by this versatile Eurorack module.
The Befaco Motion MTR Eurorack module offers a wide range of creative possibilities, allowing you to take complete control over your sound. One innovative way to utilize this module is by using it as a versatile attenuverter with offset. By patching the outputs of channels 1 and 2 into the inputs of your desired modules, you can attenuate, invert, and offset CV signals, providing dynamic modulation possibilities. With the clear visual feedback of the voltage meters, you can easily monitor and adjust the levels and polarity of the signals in real-time, ensuring precise control over your modular setup. Additionally, thanks to the summed outputs at Out 3, you can also use the Motion MTR as a mixer, blending different signals and creating complex soundscapes. Whether you are looking to shape audio signals, modulate CV signals, or a combination of both, the Motion MTR offers a flexible and intuitive solution. It's time to unleash your creativity and dive into the endless possibilities that this module has to offer.